As of the publication of this article, we are not currently qualifying a C-size form factor. When we develop a new part number, we typically look for a lead customer and a significant production opportunity. We have had some feedback from the industry that a C-size form factor could be useful in certain downhole applications to more easily fit into existing systems. Given a Purchase Order (PO) of significant size, we could move to design and qualify that part. The initial shipments would include a longer lead time to allow for the design and qualification period. Following that, this would become a standard part number with a standard lead time. In the meantime, some customers are using a triangular configuration of AA cells or are designing their housings to fit D or AA cell formats.
Articles in this section
- What is the effect of humidity on the performance of the cells?
- Do you have plans to create a cell that can operate at 200C?
- Do you have plans to create a C size cell?
- How can you store Ultracapacitors?
- How can you connect the High Temperature Ultracapacitors?
- How much abuse can the FastCAP Ultracapacitors take?
- How are FastCAP ultracapacitors different from commodities (i.e. Maxwell Technologies)?
- What is the minimum voltage to discharge the capacitors?
- What are the expected leakage currents at various temperatures?
- Lifetime versus Temperature and/or Voltage